Facts about smoking
Smoking is the biggest addiction nowadays. There are around 1.1 billion smokers in the world. You are one of them? If so, then read some shocking facts about smoking that will change your mind! According to scientists’ opinions, a smoker will live at least 14 years less of his life than a nonsmoker.
First of all, do you know anything about the ingredients of a cigarette? A cigarette contains more then 4,000 chemicals in it. Several hundreds of them are toxic and more than 70 ingredients can cause you cancer. Most harmful of them are: tar, radium, radon, uranium, carbon monoxide and hydrogen cyanide. For example: Uranium is used even in nuclear weapons…[divider style=”shadow”]
Shocking Smoking Facts:
- British scientists proven, that every cigarette you smoke can shorten your life for at least 11 minutes.
- In last minute, about 7 people died because of smoking. If we do maths, then we see that smoking claims 1 life after every 8 seconds. Approximately, that is 5 million deaths per annum.
- Because of smoking, supply of blood to your skin reduces. This can lower the level of Vitamin A in your body. That is the reason why your body becomes more paler and full of wrinkles.
- About 46,000 deaths occurred just because of second-hand smoking each year. It means if you are a smoker, then you are dangerous to your family, friends and relatives.
- Second-hand smoke contains more than 55 chemicals, which can cause cancer.
- Hydrogen cyanide, one of the toxic ingredients, found in cigarette smoke, was used as a genocidal chemical ingredient during World War II.
- Heart Attack, Blood Pressure, Lung Cancer, Skin and Mouth Cancer are some major diseases that can be caused due to smoking.
- If a pregnant woman is smoking, the chance of her miscarriage is very high.
10. 90% of the lung cancer “victims” are smokers.
11. More than half of all long-term smokers will die from tobacco-related illnesses.
Quit smoking today! Think about yourself think about your family and friends. Don’t harm yourself and them!
Smoking is slavery; it causes illnesses and death. However it is our free will to do that. Also it is very expensive![divider style=”shadow”]